How to Plan a Diet and Workout Routine that’s effective. Finding an effective workout routine together with some good diet recommendations on fat loss, can be quite a challenging thing today.
Because of this, I decided to make a small guide for every person that is looking to get rid of some fat and also to improve their fitness status.
A good weight loss plan should be composed of 3 important things: diet, workout and recovery.
- Low in carbohydrates – The diet of a person that is trying to lose fat must be low in carbohydrates. This thing is necessary because carbohydrates tend to be over consumed by most of the people in the world. Carbohydrates intake should be kept at a minimum of 100-150 grams per day, only if you have a fast metabolism you can tolerate more grams of carbs.
- High in fiber – Fibers are very important not only for losing weight, but also for the general health of the body. High fiber foods (like green vegetables), decrease the sensation of hunger, lowers the levels of bad cholesterol and also eliminates toxins. Around 25 grams of fibers on a daily basis will be enough for a person.
- High in protein – When it comes to losing weight proteins are your best friend. They are involved in many important processes of the body, mainly in the repairing of the bones, tendons, ligaments, tissues and organs. You will need about 1 gram of protein per pound of your weight daily.
- Moderate in fat – Usually, people’s opinion on fat is that is bad. Thing which is wrong! Fat is important for a lot of processes in the body. 40-50 % of your diet should be constituted of fats. Keep in mind that your fats should be mostly monounsaturated fats and/or polyunsaturated (sources=fish oil, olive oil, nuts, seeds and other). The saturated ones should constitute 10% of your total fats.
- Weight training – Although people say that you don’t need to train with weights when you want to lose weight, I am here to tell you that their statement is false. If you want faster results and a better fitness status, you should definitely incorporate training with weights in your overall workout.
- Cardio – The most known and effective method when it comes to weight loss. 30 minutes of low to medium intensity cardio after the weight training, should be enough for every persons that wants to lose some fat from their body. You can do it on a treadmill, elliptical or on a stationary bicycle.
- Break time – The break time between the sets of weight training shouldn’t be bigger than 1 min.
- Weights – Use medium weights, around 70-80% of you maximum strength.
You can do as your weight training program a 4 day split:
Monday: Chest and triceps
Tuesday: Back and biceps
Thursday: Shoulders and abdominals
- Sleep – It is very important for muscle growth and repair, but also for the recovery of the CNS (central nervous system). The CNS needs at least 8 hours of sleep in order for it to recover. So, my advice is to sleep at least 8 hours.
- Whey protein – The most effective supplement in the market is of course Whey Protein. Either if you want to gain muscle or lose weight, whey protein is the way to go.
- Vitamins and minerals – You need vitamins and minerals if you want a healthy and functional body. Through training you will lose a lot of minerals and vitamins, so it is important to replenish the body’s natural containers. Don’t neglect them, because they can bring lots of issues to your general health and well being.
As a last note I would like to tell that you shouldn’t hurry when you are losing weight, have patience cause the fat will go off. You only need to apply most of the things from this article and you should be fine.