How to Get Bigger Gluteus Muscles? Big muscular glutes, this is every woman’s dream.
Of course that this dream can become reality, but it is required hard work and perseverance.
So, the question that probably floats in your head right now is:
How can I get a big butt?
Well, there are 2 ways through which you can develop a big butt: training or surgery. In case that you want REAL firm glutes, you should go with the training method.
Training for Big Butts (gluteal muscles)
The best way through which you can develop the muscles of your glutes, is by using weight training.
Training with weights is the most efficient way through which you could get big gluteal muscles.
So, in order for you to reach your goals is important firstly to know which exercises you should do, to be more specific which are the most effective.
That being said, here are the most effective butt (gluteal muscles) developing exercises, in the fitness industry:
- Squats – This exercise not only that it will develop your glutes big time, but it will also develop the muscles of your legs and lower back. In order for you to involve the glutes more, you need to do squats below parallel level. In case that you can’t do it, you can do squats on a machine which will help you to reach a bigger depth.
- Romanian deadlift – It is a great exercise for butt and hamstring development, in order to maximize glute activation you have to squeeze your glutes hard when you are lifting the weight.
- Hip Thrust – This is one of the best exercises for developing gluteal muscles. When you are pushing the bar keep in mind to involve only your but muscles, most of the people that do this exercise tend to push also with their lower back and/or hamstrings.
- Leg Press – Yes, leg press. In order to train your glutes with the leg press machine, you have to place your feet much higher than normal, about 20 degrees higher. By doing this thing your gluteal muscles and hamstring will be the main target of the exercise.
- Glute extension – Another great exercise that will stimulate the gluteal muscles at an amazing rate. At this machine the positioning of the body is very important. You need to place your hip joint a bit away from the pad of the machine. This thing will allow your glutes to extend and contract properly.
There are also other exercises that you can use: good morning, sumo squat, lunges, bulgarian squat and others. Personally I believe that the most beneficial ones are the ones that I described above.
Monday – Squats + Glute extension + Hip thrust
Friday – Romanian dealift + Leg Press + Hip thrust
Repeat the next week.
- The range of the repetitions for this type of workout should be from 8 to 16.
- Do 4 sets on each exercise.
- Lower the weight slow and when you are raising it, be sure to do it much faster than when you were lowering it.
- Add more weights if the weight that you are using is starting to feel easy.
- Keep in mind that your weights should progress from time to time, don’t load the bar or machine with weights that you can’t control. You will make yourself prone to injuries.
Before doing the exercises that I recommended in this article, inform yourself with as much information you can about each exercise.
Proper form is the key to get a big butt like the one of Nicki Minaj or Jennifer Lopez.